- New Featured Article-- The Institution of Christian Communion
- New Featured Article-- A Surprising Source for Seculars
- Apps Of The Apostles: Do Millennials Read The Bible In The Digital Age?
Christianity Today: December 8, 2016
- Bible Translators in Dangerous Countries Facing Persecution 'Every Week'
Christian Post: December 3, 2016
- Trump's education pick says reform can 'advance God's Kingdom'
Politico: December 2, 2016
- Historic Iraq Sites Reclaimed in Mosul Offensive
Live Science: December 8, 2016
[ More News ]
By Christian A. Eberhart
While all Christians today know the ritual with bread and wine, most of them —although not all—celebrate it during their worship service, and some even view it as its point of culmination. Some Christian denominations also consider this ritual a sacrament. There is, however, no general agreement as to what it means or why it is celebrated. Over the course of the past two millennia, the hundreds and thousands of Christian denominations never even agreed on how to call it. See complete essay
By Tom Krattenmaker
We live, for worse and for better, in a secular age. In the Western world, we live in a context where our worldviews and frames of reference are matters of our choice, where religious nonbelief is an option—an increasingly viable one, judging from the demographic data—and where religious belief, in some settings and circles more than others, is hard to muster. See complete essay
[ More Articles ]
Most Recent Articles
- Who Pays For All This?
- Jonah in the Shadows of Eden
- Incest in the Hebrew Bible
- Filmmaking as a Model for Analyzing Biblical Stories
- Ending a Life That Has Not Begun—Abortion in the Bible
- Academic Freedom and the Teaching of Religion in America: A Christian College Interpretation
- A History of the Hasmonean State: Josephus and Beyond
- How to Read the Torah
- Jesus Was Not Against Imperialism: New Testament Ethics as an Imperialist Project
- How to Read the Bible?
- Stereotyping Exegesis: The Gospel of John and "the Jews" in Ancient and Modern Commentary
In My View - Opinion
Search This Site:
Most Visited for the Week
Topics of Interest
- Tombs at Talpiot
- Television Specials about the Bible
- Scholars, Frauds, the Media and the Public
- Essays on BAR from Bible and Interpretation
- Essays on Minimalism from
Bible and Interpretation
- Final Reports onthe Yehoash Inscription and James Ossuary from the Israeli Antiquities Authority.
- Essays on the James Ossuary and the Temple Tablet from Bible and Interpretation